Monday, February 23, 2009

Blurb on Ethan

I just wanted to give those of you who are interested an update on E. He's still running a low-grade fever and they think he may have a little infection that has traveled to one leg. He's been having pain in his leg, but not enough to keep him from having wheel-chair races with the nurses in the pediatric unit. He's getting bummed cuz he has to be fever-free and infection-free for 2 weeks before they can implant his permanent pacemaker and he can start thinking about going home. Please pray for his immune system to strengthen and fight the infection so he can get his pacemaker. Oh yeah, he started his schoolwork, too. . .

5 comments:

Vee said...

What?! They're making him do schoolwork when he has a fever? =>

Good for Ethan...he has so much spunk. I will pray that the healing will come so Ethan can move forward to his next surgery without all these hitches.

Thanks for the update!

Irma's Rose Cottage said...

Still keeping him and family in prayer.Hopefully they will be able to bring his fever down so that they can continue with his operation.
Thanks for keeping us posted.
Looking forward to your 100th post.

Hugs :)

Irma

Eggs In My Pocket said...

Poor little guy! He has certainly had a fight on his hands. My prayers are with him, his family, and for the medical staff to get him well. blessings,Kathleen

Wanda @ Just Vintage said...

I've been keeping up with this, but joined in late. You started posting about this during a time I had absolutely no time to read blogs - or post on my own. So I haven't commented, yet. But I do think of it.

Thanks for your condolences. It just takes time for us to get over these things.

Wanda
http://www.shopjustvintage.com/blog

Linda Jo said...

Saying a prayer for him! Sounds like he's on his way to that pacemaker!