Just went and got my annual mammogram this morning. y.e.a. I think there ought to be something equally as mortifying and painful for the guys. . . . . . . . it's just not fair. . . . . . . .
You just didn't get prepared for this in the correct manner. Lay on your side in the driveway and get someone to roll the car back and forth over each one daily for a week or so. That's about as close as I can get to describing what it feels like. My friend Pat says she's so flat-chested they can do hers with a polaroid. Chicklet Debbie
Connie that's so true! Did everyone hear that now the Medical community is calling for mammograms beginning at age 50? Well, I've already had 8 or 9 so does that mean the "twins" are going to shrivel up and fall off from too much radiation????
Debbies' comment made me wince, and it is oh so true. We have a male friend who did have to have a mammogram and I think more men should be forced to have one so somebody would come up with a less painful way of doing this....you should have heard him bemoan the whole experience!
Yes, every time I believe, surely, they are making a mistake and that machine has gone haywire. Does anyone else have this thought? What if it got smashed off? C
odd but last mammo I had wasn't bad at all - went to a women's clinic here and they were assuring me it was an easier machine now - and for me - it was. BTW - my DH says - y'all just try a few prostate exams or biopsies - we'd understand each gender has it's own "tender" moments! Hooray for getting your mammo - I figure the "guidelines" are made to change so some of those people can justify their jobs! Keep getting checked gals!
I don't think the men could take what we ladies go through....especially having children. There would not be many of us around if men had to give birth I am afraid.....(all men readers...don't get mad at me for saying this). Blessings,Kathleen
Kathleen, I totally agree with your statement. Men are such babies, for the most part, not always, but for sure they couldn't do what we girls have to go through. Especially the having babies part. Hey I wouldn't have it any other way, tho. I WANT to be the one to have babies. There's a bond there that no man will ever know...
We have a male friend who did have to have a mammogram and I think more men should be forced to have one so somebody would come up with a less painful way of doing this...
11 comments:
You just didn't get prepared for this in the correct manner. Lay on your side in the driveway and get someone to roll the car back and forth over each one daily for a week or so. That's about as close as I can get to describing what it feels like. My friend Pat says she's so flat-chested they can do hers with a polaroid.
Chicklet Debbie
Oh man, these are nic, pleasnt thoughts.
Ha ha ha!!!!
Good for you to get that done. I will be calling for my appointment soon. And as uncomfortable this test is, at least women don't have to "cough".
Connie that's so true! Did everyone hear that now the Medical community is calling for mammograms beginning at age 50? Well, I've already had 8 or 9 so does that mean the "twins" are going to shrivel up and fall off from too much radiation????
Debbie - loved your comment about running over them. OUCH!
Debbies' comment made me wince, and it is oh so true. We have a male friend who did have to have a mammogram and I think more men should be forced to have one so somebody would come up with a less painful way of doing this....you should have heard him bemoan the whole experience!
Yes, every time I believe, surely, they are making a mistake and that machine has gone haywire. Does anyone else have this thought? What if it got smashed off? C
odd but last mammo I had wasn't bad at all - went to a women's clinic here and they were assuring me it was an easier machine now - and for me - it was. BTW - my DH says - y'all just try a few prostate exams or biopsies - we'd understand each gender has it's own "tender" moments! Hooray for getting your mammo - I figure the "guidelines" are made to change so some of those people can justify their jobs! Keep getting checked gals!
I don't think the men could take what we ladies go through....especially having children. There would not be many of us around if men had to give birth I am afraid.....(all men readers...don't get mad at me for saying this). Blessings,Kathleen
Kathleen, I totally agree with your statement. Men are such babies, for the most part, not always, but for sure they couldn't do what we girls have to go through. Especially the having babies part. Hey I wouldn't have it any other way, tho. I WANT to be the one to have babies. There's a bond there that no man will ever know...
We have a male friend who did have to have a mammogram and I think more men should be forced to have one so somebody would come up with a less painful way of doing this...
Work from home India
Post a Comment