Not much going on today around here. Thought I'd post a pic from this morning. Just around the corner from my house there's a little stretch of road where the county put a "Deer Crossing" sign because we have a resident HERD (I kid you not) of deer that stroll our parts. I don't know if you remember but I posted some pics back in the spring of the herd crossing the road and they had traffic stopped in both directions. This morning early the deer were laying in a pasture along the road probably just waking up from napping. There were a couple standing around, but most of them were lying on the ground, legs folded under them, looking sleepy and flopping their big ole ears around. Of course I didn't have my camera. I always have it, but I didn't this morning. So I whipped my car around, flew back to the house, grabbed it and was back down to the pasture in a flash. Alas and Alack, they'd moved on, but I caught the tail end of the group as they wandered out of sight. Here they are for your amusement and entertainment:
I hope you can see them. If I tried to make them too big, I lost the clarity. So... Don't know if this interests you, but it always does me. I'm a big animal lover, and I'm always excited to see our local deer herd. Talk to ya'll later - Keep your gown down!
12 comments:
Vickie - we have a tiny herd - young buck and his 3 or 4 ladies - we've enjoyed watching one of the does who had been injured this spring (looked like a severely sprained or perhaps broken left foreleg) - she had a tiny fawn she'd "Park" in front of our house while she hobbled around eating or whatever. The fawn looks about half grown now and doe still limps - they apparently truly enjoy our goat mineral lick and occasional nibble of hay. Love seeing them. Thanks!
I love pictures of the deer. I post them often. Get so tickled when they come thru and I get pictures. Do you have wild turkeys there. We have LOTS of them too.
I do think you have a wicked sense of humor. I mean that in a good way. You always make me laugh!!!
Stay funny.
Becky K.
You are the hootiest of all the hoots! Love seeing the wildlife. Want you to know that the path report came back saying "NO CANCER." They got it all. Praise God!
Thank you for cupping your hands today so I could cry you a little puddle! :) I liked that. :) Later, Chickie!
The deer are beautiful yet deadly where I live. There has been so much development and road improvements that there are many deer killed on the roads and I know 2 families that lost their children in deer accidents. It's not the deer's fault and it's not the driver's fault. It's just a sad situation. This time of year, I see a new deer killed along the side of the road almost everyday as I drive to work. I hope that you don't have the same situation with the Texan deer.
I love it when I spot deer. I like them much better walking around in a heard, than mounted on the wall. :)
blessings,
Margo
Hi Vicki, we have alot of dear around us, but mostly see the same 3 deer jumping fences from one of our pastures to another. I agree, they are some of the prettiest, most graceful creatures!
My husband loves all wildlife. These are amazing...m.
I never get tired of seeing animal pics. I especially love to see them in their natural habitat. We do not have deer near our house so the only time I see them is when we take drives up the coast or into the mountains. I have never seen that many at once though. Thanks for sharing them with us.
Drat! No camera and a scene worth photographing. You came through though, big time! I would have sighed to myself and said "oh well, too bad I left my camera at home.." but you , brave and quick thinking lady, dashed back home and grabbed your camera to snap these photos of the deer herd before they all got away!Good pictures...
Your pictures are great. I love that we have wild animals come to our house too. It feels like a special treat that only a few get to enjoy. God blesses us daily.
What cracks me up is how after twenty-five years of living out here in the country and seeing wildlife nearly everyday we all still get excited when we spot some of our wild buddies.
Post a Comment