This is my 199th post. My next will be my 200th - I can't believe it's here already. I piddled around and missed my 100th post - I just let it slip by.
So in honor of this momentous occasion I am having a giveaway that I hope you will like. Some of you might know that I am an artist. Following is a photo of one of my original paintings that I'm offering to the winner of my giveaway. It's of the Davis Mountains in West Texas near Marfa not too far from the Rio Grande. I painted this from one of my trips out that way. The sky was cerulean blue, the clouds were so billowy and the landscape, tho barren and rugged, had tons of color if you just look closely. This is an 11x14 oil painting on stretched canvas. All it needs is a frame.
Soooo, I hope you guys like it. I would be honored if you did. I wanted to give something that I did myself. I'll probably throw in a couple of other items to sweeten the deal. It's my way of saying a great big Texas THANK YOU!!! to all you folks out there that have made me feel so special and have called me "friend". I don't know what I'd do without ya'll!
Today is Thursday evening. I will have a drawing on Sunday around noon and announce the winner Sunday afternoon. So get your comments in Before Noon on Sunday! If you include a link/blurb to my post on your blog, let me know and I'll enter your name twice! Thank you so much for your bloggie friendship!
35 comments:
YOUR PICTURE IS BEAUTIFUL. PLEASE ENTER ME IN YOUR DRAWING.(IT WOULD FIT PERFECT IN MY HOME)
Congrats to you! Wow! You are an awesome artist! I love this picture. I am in awe of talent such as yours. Thank you sweetie for sharing this giveaway!
I am at http://annesphamily.blogspot.com/
I wanted to make sure you stop by soon! Thanks! I love visiting here!
good grief! is there anything you can't
do?
what a lovely, lovely sky!
my husband and i are enthusiastic art
collectors, and i would be thrilled beyond
belief to have one of your paintings.
but could you please, pretty please,
paint in a tiny dead mole or gopher?
Ohhhh, I'm really hoping I'll be the one! Love that picture!
For some weird reason, this machine has finally decided to work - after three days of irritation, a $60 phone call, clicking some buttons. Who knows what I did!
Please enter me in the giveaway. I would like to say a BIG CONGRATULATIONS for this huge accomplishment! :)
Love ya, girl!
gib
Ohhhh, I'm really hoping I'll be the one! Love that picture!
For some weird reason, this machine has finally decided to work - after three days of irritation, a $60 phone call, clicking some buttons. Who knows what I did!
Please enter me in the giveaway. I would like to say a BIG CONGRATULATIONS for this huge accomplishment! :)
Love ya, girl!
gib
What a beautiful picture! I would love to win it! I love the desert, I think there are such beautiful colors in nature.
Have I ever told you that I am also an artist? I do mostly portraits - I love to do American Indians. I have done some wildlife, and would love to try my hand at landscape! My favorite medium is pen and ink - but I do like acrylic too. I met my hubby in an art class, he was the model, I still have the picture, I'll have to post it sometime.
I will for sure send a shout out to all my blogging friends on my blog, wish me luck!
Barb
Hello,
I enjoy visiting your blog and now a giveaway. You are very talented. A lovely painting that would be so exciting to win. Good Luck to everyone.
Thanks,
Barbara
What a beautiful sky!..love this painting..I would love to hang it in my home! Love your blog
:)
I want to win this painting. I really do. You do such great work.
So enter me, please. Thanks so much.
And Have a very awesome day!
Becky K.
My kind of gal, you paint and kill gophers!
That is a beautiful painting, Vickie! You are so talented!
Wow, your painting is so beautiful!!! You are so talented, and to share.....double wow!
I have the perfect place in my home ......
Congratulations on #200, I love your blog.
WoW!! You are very talented. Beautiful painting :-)
Congrats on 200!!!!
Wow Vickie, I would be honored to be able to hang this painting in my home! I will clear a spot now, lol. Please enter me in your fantabulous giveaway, Elaine
You are an amazingly talented woman. Thank you for stopping by my little blog. I have enjoyed getting to know you.
Linda
http://coloradofarmlife.wordpress.com/
So this was what Lea was tempting me with! Way too tempting and I just have to congratulate you on 200 posts and your painting is so very beautiful. This makes three comments today and I'm about to make a liar out of myself so I'll scuttle off. Again, Congrats!!
This is so beautiful! I have always wanted a painting done by a real Texas artist!
Oh my, have I already said this, here? If not, I have to say it now... Since I never did a give-away, I can't join in any done by all you sweet blogging gals.
Please understand my thinking. Or if you can't understand it, please accept it. :-)
Hi Vicki,
Count me in. You are so talented.
Blessings,
Christa
Wow, love the painting. 200th post - congrats! I can't imagine blogging for that long. Since my blog is fairly new I will jump for joy even on my 100th. How do you keep track or is there something I could do on my blog to add a counter. Love, love the painting!!!
Vickie, I love it! Count me in!!! ;D
Hugs,
Sher
I LOVE THIS and there's not a more special gift than something you have painted. Please enter me for this wonderful giveaway.
Hi Vicki,
Just a quick note to let you know I posted about your give-away on my blog.
Christa
Hi Vicki~
It has been ages since I have visited. My computer chooses whom I may or may not visit and it has absolutely refused to let me on your blog. (Dial-up and blogger don't seem to like each other) I am here today via a link at Christa's ~ and it worked! So while I am here I became a follower hoping I will be able to visit regularly from now on!
I would love to enter your giveaway! Congratulations on 200 posts! I have a lot of catching up to do so...
ttfn
You don't look a day over 150 blog posts! Thank you so much for the prayers and sweet comments - we are seeing some improvement and know it is God's hand moving in our lives.
Why gal - I'd love that painting - spent more than one evening looking for those elusive Marfa lights!
popped over from anothers blog.. You are a great artist.. Please enter me in your give away & Congratulations on the Blog aniversary... I will be following now to see whatelse you are doing.. Drop in on my blogs when you have a few minutes...Cheryl
Lovely painting..it would be in a place of honor in our home....please enter me too....I'm having a giveaway also but nothing as grand as yours...
Girlfriend...that is beautiful. I love oil paintings. I have never tried that medium yet, maybe that will be my next adventure. I would be honored to own that lovely painting. Congrats on your 200th post! Have enjoyed getting to know you. Love your blog. Going to mention your giveaway on my sidebar too.
Hugs,
Tara
I think its a wonderful painting and would love to win it.
kblaidlaw
Congrats on your 200th post! The painting is just stunning - you really should be doing this full time! I hope you are enjoying a sweet sunny day down Texas way.
Congrats on your 200th post! Wow! What a gorgeaous painting!
Have a sweet and wonderful weekend.
Irma :)
Congrats, Vickie on your 200th post (well almost 200) I know how much work it is to stay dedicated to posting regularly. I am having such a hard time of it right now.
I love your painting and would be honored to win it. I have a spot for it in my family room.
You sure do good work!! I have no talent when it comes to drawing or painting...I am jealous. lol.
Just want you to know I "Blurbed"! Have a wonderful week-end!
Hugs,
Barb
Vicki! What a generous give-away. No need to sweeten an already great item! It's LOVELY!
Congratulations on your 200th post!
Post a Comment