Blogger is not updating all of your posts this morning! What's going on? Some of them are fresh, but some of them are not! Anybody else having that problem?
Our best friends from church have a vacation home in Akumal, Mexico, and we have planned a family trip with them for the first week of August. All our kids grew up together, and nobody's married yet, so everyone is going! I'm really excited as we haven't been on a family vacation together where ALL are going in several years! We visited our friends' home on the beach in Mexico about 9 years ago and it was beautiful!! Here's a link ----> http://www.akumalmexico.com/suenos.html AND here ----> http://www.locogringo.com/akumal/casasuenos.html?name=Casa%20de%20los%20Suenos . Check it out - you might wanna go stay there sometime! It sleeps 2 families - great place for a group to go. It's BEAUTIFUL! Can't wait!!!
Akumal is a little further south of Cancun and Playa del Carmen on the Yucatan. We fly into Cancun, rent a Suburban, drive to Playa, go to the grocery store, and then on south to Akumal. A little out of the tourist areas and quiet in a small lagoon with ocean views from every window. Most of us (except me and Hayley) are divers so Hayley and I will be snorkeling while the others are diving. The Mayan ruins at Tulum are nearby so I'm sure we'll be visiting there. It's the most beautiful, breathtaking place I've ever been.
(Lord willing, and we don't get a hurricane...)
We woke this morning to soft rumbling on the southern horizon. It later developed into a slow, soothing, soaking rain. It's noon now and it's gone on most of the morning. I sure hope it rained at the farm... We've harvested all the purple hulls peas and green beans. The watermelons are about ready (I'm hoping to have one for July 4) and the corn's about ready, too. The cucumbers are waning, the potatoes need to be dug as well as the remaining onions. We cut the peas back - dad said he did that a few years ago, and they came back and bloomed again and he got another crop. I'm gonna try that. I'm having a bumper crop of tomatoes & jalapenos and canning salsa is on the agenda again for this weekend. Altho we have a wedding at 3:00 on Saturday that we HAVE to attend. Good friends...so I imagine I'll be smellin' all onion-y and garlic-y for the festivities.
Just thought I'd post a few pics for ya - hope you're not gettin' tired of garden pics...not much going on right now except garden stuff and trying to stay cool. At least today is a little cooler because of the rain...
This is a baby scissortail in my garden. His momma and daddy were perched overhead in a tree and they kept fussing at me for taking his picture, but they never did swoop at me like the jays and mockingbirds do...
All for now, friends. Hope you have a great rest of the week! Keep your dress down!

22 comments:
I LOVE all these pictures...the baby bird is too sweet! The garden looks great too! I am so happy for you, this looks like a fantastic place for a vacation and to have all go..what fun! I can't wait to hear about it :D
Vickie, I love the baby scissortail! He is soooo cute! The rest of your photos are great, too... and, Mexico, it's always a winner with me!
Don't know about the not updating, 'cause I don't have a blog roll on my blog. I use Google Reader to see new posting. But I have had some trouble commenting in places. Maybe Blogger is having a 'bad hair day.'
Oh your photos are wonderful.. The spider. The dragonfly. The baby bird. And...
Below the spider web, the way you framed the house in the distance, by use of the sunflowers etc up close. That in itself is AMAZING photography!!!
The dragonfly pic is an example of that term [Buku or something]... Close up is clear and distance is muted. Or visa versa. I love it but never remember the name of the term. Boo hisssss....
Yes, that vacation spot looks glorious but... Is it ok if I withhold my hooray's? -sigh- I can't applaud anything in Mexico. I know, I know. My bad.
I'm so thrilled for you, your family, and friends. Spending time together in such a beautiful location is so exciting and glorious!
Send the rain in this direction, we're needing some.
I love all your beautiful pictures, and baby bird is so sweet.....
Have a good weekend!
Oh, I'm so happy for you. Your vacation will be great! You'll have to scrapbook the trip. Hey, little scrapbooks would be a nice Christmas gift for those who go and you give gifts too! Just have extra copies made and you're almost done. Just an idea - I get excited when I have an idea. LOL
Your pictures are lovely. Same stuff going on here,,,gardens, flowers, heat and humidity. But aren't we blessed?
You've got some award winning photos there, Vickie! Amazing. This August trip sounds like a little bit of heaven. It sure looks like a little bit of heaven. What beautiful water!
How neat to be able to go on that vacation!! Are you going to take your paint with you?? I am so excited about plein air painting I am hoping you will have time to do some too! See what you did by encouraging me?? Come on girl.. you can do it!!
PS. Fprgot to say, I love that little garden shed or whatever it is (playhouse??) and all your critter photos. My sis and I tried to get a photo of a dragonfly here but none turned out :( Have a great day and be blessed!
Oh Vickie, forgive me for being envious of your upcoming vacation!
I was in Cancun when the kids were small. It really is beautiful down there and I love snorkeling. What a wonderful place to plan a family vacation. THe house looks great!
Now; your farm looks good too, and your garden is really pretty and fruitful. Your hard work is paying off. I am eating watermelon while I write this comment. I bought mine at the store:)
Debbie
Ohhhh, love the pics!!!
Absolutely loved the pictures! I had a spider like that in my garden - yikes - I don't like spiders! But, that one is a good one, and so pretty! The little bird was adorable - you really should enter your pictures in some kind of contest, they are fantastic!
I can't wait to hear all about your vacation! I've never been to Mexico, it sounds really beautiful! Have a fun and safe trip.
Hugs and blessings,
Barb
Lucky! A vacation sounds wonderful, and I sooooo want one! I don't know if it will happen this summer. Too much going on. May have to wait until fall.
Cute little birdie!
What beautiful photos. It sounds like a great place to go for a vacation.
I can't wait to hear all about it.
That photo of the little bird is so cute.
Have a great weekend.
The vacation plans look wonderful. And OMG your garden is fantastic. All that watering is paying off.
Lovely baby bird too, Yep those bird parents do fuss when we mess with their young.
Take care,
Margo
sooo cool
Are ya'll melting yet? We are...
Great pictures. I love the dragonfly. Your trip sounds excellent!!! Can't wait to see photos of that!
Can I move to your farm? lol It is so beautiful--I never, never get tired of looking at photos of lovely gardens! Those sunflowers, with the house in the background--I love it! Your last phrase- "keep your dress down" I love it--and you won't believe it, but it's inspired a post - you'll see! V.
charlotte's web!
how fun to enjoy a vacation in
mexico with your best friends!
we're doing the same thing in
colorado. 10 kids between us,
and they all love each other
like family. . . maybe more. :)
Great shots! (Don't you love macros?) That little shed is too cute! Do you have plans to make it into a little refuge?
thank you, vickie!! you're an angel
to vote for sunday lane.
I love your pictures - especially the dragonfly!
Absolutely gorgeous photos and that first one!!! Looks like a dream vacation! I'm so excited for you and that the whole gang gets to go!
Post a Comment