Don't know if you remember, but Kathy at Spot on Cedar Pond and I have been having this contest in 2010. She and her husband, Jim, have huge moles that run amok under the surface of their lawn and garden areas. Tony and I are overrun with gophers digging holes and leaving big mounds in our lawn and pastures, too. With either one, a person could trip and break and ankle or something if you step on or in one of these huge mounds. So we decided to have a contest! The COUNTS are down on my sidebar, and Kathy also has one on her sidebar.
Well, guess who won? ME, that's who! And Kathy decided that I should have a prize -
Look what she sent...
I CANNOT BELIEVE THIS !!!
who even know that there was a game like this???
AND LOOK HOW IT WAS ADDRESSED! That Kathy - is she somethin' or IS SHE SOMETHIN' ???
I think I can handle this game ok. Ages 4 and up...
See, it has these cute (?) little varmints - moles or gophers - take your pick. They pop up with little hard hats on - different colors - and when your color pops up it lights their hard hats, and you have to BOP them on the head! I just wish it was this easy to take care of our real gopher program!!! Kathy, this game is so cute! Isn't blogging fun! I've met some of the nicest, sweetest and FUNNEST people EVER!
Stay tuned to 2011's varmint contest!!!
In other news....
We got a light dusting of snow last week. It was nice, and didn't last long, so I hope that's all for the year...
It snowed more at the farm than at our own house! Weird... I'm ready for spring! My daffodils are trying to come up...
Nothing like the nice snow we got last year on February 12.
Have to get a pic of Princess shivering in the snow.
This one was kinda cool. I sent it over to PIKNIK to edit and made it kinda grainy.
Well, my friends. Tomorrow is Sunday, and I'm looking forward to meeting with all the saints for worship. I hope you all are doing the same. Have a wonderful Sunday and time with your family and loved ones. I'll ketch ya on the flip-side.
Yours truly,
THE VERMIN-ATOR
15 comments:
Love the Verminator--I need one of those :) The photos are beautiful-you have a gorgeous place :)
It is so appropriate the post ends near the picture of the dead groundhog in your sidebar.Congratulations again Vickie.
My husband was out setting traps again today, you should see the mole-mountains all over our place. We would like to start the count the first month of the new year, gotta get on it to beat you this year!
Your Princess is so pretty and the picture you took of her in the snow with your place as the backdrop is worth enlarging and framing.
The snow is so pretty, but like you, after a day or two of snow I am ready for it to melt and be gone.
HA! How appropriate for you to have that game!
LOL! The Verminator is too perfect! LOL! I just love it!
The snow pictures are beautiful! I'm off now to get myself ready to head to worship myself! Have a great weekend, Vickie, a.k.a. The Verminator!
congratulations....love the game...LOL....
:O) Absolutely love the gift. Very fitting, we too are having the same issue. Must be a Texas Thang. Hope you whack all the moles you can handle.
Many blessings,
Mal
Vickie, you and Cathy are the 'cutest thangs'......!!!!
I love the pictures....so beautiful of your Princess in the snow...and the last picture that was 'doctored up' is beautiful too!!!
Take care and don't fall in any of those gopher holes.
I always love visiting your page... Keep up the GREAT work!!
Steve
Common Cents
http://www.commoncts.blogspot.com
your mole/gopher contest brought many
chuckles throughout the year. i'm so
happy ? you won!
can i play your game? i'l let you win.
Okay, that is the cutest game ever! I wonder if they have one like that with raccoons... I'll bop them all for sure! *LOL*
Congrats on being the 2010 Verminator, Miss Vickie!
(Love your pictures, by the way~ the snow is lovely and so is Miss Princess!)
Hey, that's the perfect prize the contest! Congratulations on your win. Do you feel like Bill Murray's character in "Caddyshack?"
Congratulations to you, our "Vermin-ator" Extraordinaierrrr!!!
And what a cute gal, to have a contest with!. One who not only says you won. But finds an adorable "prize" to send to you! -giggles-
Hugs and ♥'s...
'Cause Valentine Day is coming!
Blog friends are true friends. The game is fun!
Your daughter is still beautiful. I'll bet she was cold.
Gotta run! My girl has dinner on the table and they are waiting for Me.
That is too funny! Love your pictures and your daughter is beautiful. We don't have any snow yet! Good luck with the vermin's! ;D
Oh my son had this game. We loved it! This looks like a newer version, his had plastic hammers.
We have them critters in our yard too and I just told hubby that I doubt the front yard will be pretty and green this spring.
Post a Comment