Hi friends - WARNING --- PHOTO HEAVY!
Here's the end of our trip to New England. Cape Cod was awesome - we could have spent another day there. We ate lots of seafood, took a fast ferry over to Nantucket Island and drove all the way out to the end of the Cape. It was fabulous. It was cold when it was cloudy and when you get near the water, but not too bad in town! I'm just going to let you look, and I'll tell you when we go out to Nantucket!
Cape Cod National Seashore... my mother asked me if I was going to the bathroom in this picture. Thanks Mom...
I do not know who this lunatic is... he probably was arrested.
We ended this day eating at a wharf-side restaurant when it got dark. It was expensive, Black Cat Seafood, I think, and it was so good. Lobster Newburg and stuffed shrimp, chowder, broccoli and baked potatoes. MMMMMMM!
Pizza the next night before we left for Boston to fly home. :(((
Next morning, we took the ferry going out to Nantucket Island. The day turned out beautiful!
Don't you LOVE these little green pots with cabbages? So simple and so cute!
Look who's driving! Oh shoot, Gypsy saw this little Cooper. Now she's wantin' one!
Saying goodbye to Nantucket Island...
and Cape Cod is welcoming us back for another night...
Hope you enjoyed the pictures! It was a great trip - hope to do it again someday! If you get a chance you HAVE to take this trip! Over and out~~~
Thanks for lookin!
19 comments:
How wonderful!! Gorgeous pictures. Would love to take that trip some day!
Hi Vickie, What a wonderful trip; I've been to New England twice but never specifically to Cape Cod. It is so beautiful, I'd love to go. Loved the pics of you; you are making me want to take a trip. Thanks for sharing.
Have a wonderful evening. Noreen
what a beautiful vacation! I've never been to that part of our country and if I liked to travel, you would of convinced me go there too.
but I am a homebody.
glad you had a nice trip.
Love your pictures. I almost felt like I was there! Cape Cod and all the New England area is on my bucket list. I'm so glad you got to go!!!
Oh I do want to go to Nantucket and I've never been. I want to drive by SB's house. =) Did you?
Such wonderful photos! John wanted to know who was having a ride. See? He's forgotten Tony already! Apparently, so have you!
It does looks cold. Obviously, your mama doesn't know how tough it is to conserve heat out in all that wind from the cold North Atlantic! ☺
Thanks for sharing these wonderful pictures of Nantucket. I've always wanted to go there and it looks like fall would be a quieter time than the summer. Beautiful scenery, lighthouses, beaches, homes, shops and food. A perfect vacation spot!
Oh that is my dream trip. I so want to tour New England in the fall. How gorgeous it looks!
LOVE Cape Cod! We used to go there every Autumn, while we both could drive on big roads.
We always went to Nauset Beach, because Gladys Taber had a summer home, near there. And loved that beach. :-)
Thank you for the memories!
Actually, we went to Cape Cod for so many years, that we felt we had been EVERYWHERE, at least once. So we have lovely memories...
Wait a minute, I think I misspoke, miswrote, miscommented...SB doesn't live there; she lives on Martha's Vineyard. That's not the same, is it? No, I've come to my senses. But! It all looks the same.
oh thanks for sharing...I have so enjoyed seeing your vacation...I have never been, now I sure want to
Benjamin loved the lighthouses, we have been studying on lighthouses
Wow what beautiful photos and I would love to be able to take a trip there. I guess I will settle for looking at your pics.
Thanks for taking me along.
Hugs
I jumped to your blog when I saw "Cape Cod and Nantucket" places I have always wanted to see! I feel now as if I have almost been there, thanks for sharing this wonderful trip. I am also very glad I found your blog. Elizabeth
Gorgeous photos, Vickie! I've been to Martha's Vineyard but never Nantucket ...maybe, someday!
I want to see all of New England, but VT, Nantucket and Martha's Vineyard particularly! I'm a fan of Susan Branch too and I love her blog.
Your photos are wonderful Vickie--thanks for sharing them!
V
Oh my goodness! It has been my life's dream to be able to go and visit Nan Tucket! Your photos just pulled me in. Looks like such a wonderful time!
Whoo-hoo! Such beautiful boat photos. Hope to see some nice paintings out of these ;-)
I would hope to make that trip one of these days. So glad you got to do this. It will make neat memories for some time to come.
Oh, yes... now I AM jealous... I have always wanted to ride "Shamoo"
Sorry, friend, that I'm just getting around to seeing these! Fantastic pictures! Love the waterscape of you leaving Nantucket! Love that picture! You know the only thing missing from these great pictures??? Take a wild guess. Can't guess? Don't know? Well, I'll tell you........................
It's TONY'S MUSTACHE!!!!! Yep! I love his mustache, and I miss it! Otherwise, those pictures are pretty dern near perfect! Loved the potty picture, too! hahahahaha...
Post a Comment