Wednesday, August 26, 2009

New RED Tractor Barn

We went with RED. On the tractor barn, that is. This is from my post on what color to do the barn in. See here. It's actually a more rusty red, but looks closer to barn red than fire engine red.

Tony can drive his tractor and stuff straight thru. On the other half of the inside he's putting his shop, welding, hoist, & all that junk. It has an area for a bathroom and a little office area if needed. Ok, now, he's looking for the tractor - trying to decide on John Deere or Kubota. Anybody out there got any opinions on tractors? I'd love to hear -

Princess is safely ensconced in her new college apartment and seems to have a real sweet roomie. I just hope Meghan, her roommate will like Hayley's dog - she's a yapper. The school year has begun and we're getting back into our routine. My middle son is at home going to college here, and hopefully this will be his last year.

I've been swamped at work. Next weekend the 28, 29, I am helping my cousins have an estate sale at my aunt & uncle's house (who passed away a couple of weeks ago) so that's going to keep us busy for a few days. Everyone tried to get them not to be in such a hurry, but they all live several hours away, and they wanted to get all the details taken care of. There is a large company in the area of the house and they are possibly interested in buying the house and land to expand. That is our prayer - the house still had a substantive mortgage on it, and my cousins couldn't pay for it. The Lord has worked throughout this whole ordeal with them and I know that He'll do what's best for them. He will provide a way.

Take care, dear friends. I don't get to post as often as I'd like to, but I do want to say that I take a few minutes to read your posts nearly every day. I appreciate all your comments and your encouragement and your prayers, and please know that you are all prayed for and given thanks for quite often. Be back soon ---

22 comments:

Michelle said...

I love the red of the barn. It sounds like you are really going to be busy with the estate sale. Those things can be so overwhelming and emotional for the family involved. Best of luck.

Tracey said...

I love the red barn! Sorry, I don't know anything about tractors....I would probably just get one to match the barn LOL!!
Take care and we love hearing from you when you can post :)
Tracey

Debbie said...

I'm a traditionalist; I like the red! Bet you'll be glad to get all this stuff done and have some time to enjoy the coming coooool weather. Yall usually get rain in the fall, don't you? Hope so, anyway. Summer in Texas is always hot; the temps vary up here. You sure get better winters though!
Good to see and hear from you,
Deb

LindaSue said...

Like the snazzy drive through barn - we have a New Holland tractor so I wouldn't have a good vote for either - although I think my hubby would vote Kubota before John Deere - simply because of price - if price isn't an issue - the 'bota is orange and the deere is green so neither will match that red barn!

Mary Humphrey said...

Vickie, Deere is cheaper here than the Kubota. Both are good tractors. The trade in and service on Deere's gets a vote from the Humphrey house.

Blessings to you!

I love red barns. :)

TinaTx said...

Love the barn!

Has your hubby ever been to the tractor auctions at Noonday? They are on Saturdays - I'm not for sure if they are every Saturday or not, just know my dad goes on a regular basis. (we won't talk about how many tractors he has been through - each one a little bigger than the last! LOL)

DKG aka Scrappy Doo said...

love the red!
My hubby is voting Deere
We know Kubota owners. and they say they wish they bought a New Holland.
PS Hubby also says depends on the size.
So, basically I have been no help but, Love the RED!

Margo said...

The barn looks great. Is the sale local? Be sure to Let me know.
Margo

KathyB. said...

I love the red barn too! A bathroom and office? How about a fridge, micro wave and big screen T.V. also? Call it the Mens' Get-Away, or the Men's Club, Texas style!Watch those Dallas Cowboys while working on the tractor or building and welding big stuff!

Stickhorsecowgirls said...

I think the barn red is just perfect. You guys will enjoy having it. Don't wait too long between postings! C

DayPhoto said...

Love your barn! Red IS the color of barns, so yours is perfect!

Linda
http://coloradofarmlife.wordpress.com

Ardy said...

cute photo! God bless you. Keep the faith.

a friend from the Philippines,

Ardy

Glimpse of My World said...

Estate sale where??? Coming down to see Mama - perhaps I could swing by.. Hugs!

Paula said...

That looks wonderful, Vickie!! My Hubby would love that!!

Miss A said...

Great barn! I've always been a John Deere girl myself, which my farmer friends hate, cause they're all Case IH. Nevertheless, I vote for the Green!

Mrs. JP said...

The barn looks great. I don't know a thing about tractors except that my dad always had one!
I'd like to share one thing about downsizing where you live (I read your profile) we did,,,I love it BUT I did have to have a pantry built in to make up for the kitchen cabinet space we lost. The one I had built is wonderful - it's like a corner hutch only it has two heavy doors with shelves in the doors so I have shelves inside nearly to the ceiling and little shelves in the door. It made the move to smaller kitchen easier to manage.
Oh, by the way, that little cheerleader you saw on our blog is our grand baby there with her older brother. Thanks for stopping by.
Blessings from the holler.!

Stickhorsecowgirls said...

I love that barn!

I just can't imagine how your cousins feel--a double loss is a terrible thing to bear. May the Lord's peace and comfort be with you all. Hugs, V.

Irma's Rose Cottage said...

Love the Red Barn. Wish I had enough room for one here as I could really use the extra space to move all of my stuff into it.
Seems like you will be busy for a while. Keeping you and your family in prayer that everything goes smoothly.

Irma :)

Vickie said...

Thanks for all your comments and suggestions about the kind of tractor we should get! I told my husband what ya'll said - it seems like "green" is the favorite.

Miss A, if you check back here - I tried to get on your blog, but I guess I have to be invited. I'd love to visit, but you'll have to invite me! Thanks for stopping by!

Anonymous said...

Kool...I like reading about farms and farm life...

Eggs In My Pocket said...

There's just something about a red barn that capture's everyone's idea about what country is! Glad your daughter is settled and has a good roomate. Always good to read your posts! blessings,Kathleen

Vee said...

Looks super! I love a red barn. Good to know that your daughter is happily off to college. How're you doing?