AND, to top it all off, the girl I hired to work the other three days besides my three days - well, let's just say I had to let her go and leave it at that. So, I'm swamped again at work. I don't need this right now. I've been interviewing some people this week, but so far -- nothing. I had one real sweet little lady that might, might, might could do this job. She has to be only 98 lbs soaking wet, and I don't know if she could do any of the manual labor involved, cleaning out the occasional storage unit, driving the golf cart, hauling trash and junk to the dumpster - even getting these old storage doors up and down would be a stretch for her - they are heavy. She's nearly 70, quick minded & spry - which isn't old (and getting younger to me everyday!) and she could do the office work, just not sure about the other part. Help!!!
Our church is throwing a big bridal shower for my son and his bride this Sunday afternoon, so I'm looking forward to that. What would we do without our church families!!! So they'll be off to a great start!
I cannot believe what all is going on with all the protesting and hoopla up there in Wisconsin and Illinois and what was the other state??? Hey, some of you folks up in them parts - Tell us the REAL story! Enquiring minds want to hear from someone OTHER THAN THE LIBERAL MEDIA!!! Send us some links that tell what's going on! I don't believe anything that I hear and see on the news anymore. You can't depend on getting the unbiased truth from our media anymore! It's such a shame to see what's going on all over the world right now. Everybody's gone absolutely CRAZY! Maybe it's the END-TIMES, people. I'm ready, my family's ready - Lord, please come quickly!
Off on another tangent here - talking about end times... I was doing some blog-hopping last night late, and I ran across this website. Now, one of the blogs I was reading had linked up to this website, and I wish I could give credit, but I don't know which one it was, so sorry. http://www.backyardfoodproduction.com/ Have y'all ever seen this? On YouTube, also, Marjory Wildcraft from central Texas does a 4 part video all about growing your own food. She and her family raise their own food. She talkes about gardening, composting, stocking up, how our grocery bills may double in 2011, how the food prices usually run concurrently with the oil prices, the weather's effects on agriculture (not global-warming, y'all), etc. It was SO informative, so timely. Not to scare anybody, not a doomsdayer, just good information that we can all use. It was SO good, and you can sign up for her newsletter. I don't usually go for these things, but I made an exception here. Check it out - listen to the videos - very interesting and very easy to understand.
OK, on a more personal note - my little chihuahua is aging. She's 12, and while little dogs usually live longer than big ones, she's beginning to show some signs of age. She's been the jumpin'est little thing you've every seen. She jumps on the couches (I know some of you are cringing) and even our high beds to snuggle or sleep with us. To watch TV, I usually sit on the left end of the couch. There's a little space about 4-5" wide between me and the arm of the couch. Bug will jump up there, put it into reverse, and back into that little space and park it until I get ready to go to bed. Can't you just hear the "beep, beep, beep" as she backs it up? I usually make that sound for her as she's reversing her caboose into her little warm hole there by me. If she thinks I'm too close and she doesn't have enough room, she'll push on me til I move over...
ANYWAY, got sidetracked there... She can't jump anymore. She waits by the couch or the bed and looks at us pitifully for some help up. She doesn't understand. The vet says she's got a bit of hip dysplasia. Didn't know little dogs could get that, but I guess they can. She's not putting much weight on that leg, just steadies herself with that back left foot. When she runs around to potty, she runs on 3 legs. And she's doing okay but I just hate to see that. The vet gave me some anti-inflamatories, and they help, but it's not going to go away. It'll come and go for awhile, maybe for a long while, but it won't go away. Sad. A couple of her teeth have had to be pulled, too. Makes it harder for her to chew. I love me some Bug.
I ran across this photo below at Sand Flat Farm in late summer just remembering the warmth and the sunshine and looking forward to it again soon. Makes me so happy!!!
And, another beautiful sunset here at the farm and another lovely ending to a wonderful day here in Texas. I feel so blessed. Thank you Lord for eyes to behold your glorious and magnificent handiwork!!!!
Y'all have a great day, and as always ~~~
Keep your dress down!
29 comments:
Thanks for a request for some straight news reports, and not FROM THE LIBERAL MEDIA. Myself, I rely on "The Weekly Standard" blog. Straight scoop, and intelligent articles. IMHO.
I know the world is crazy. But it's not the first time, the world has been crazy. When you've lived as long as I have, you know it's been pretty crazy, at times before.
And Honey-Bunny... Just saying............... It's nice that you, and many, are ready to go. But not all of us are into The End Times. Or want the end of the world, just yet! ,-)
But it's your blog, and you can hope for as much Armageddon as you want.
:-)
That last picture is awesome! I have a little Bug too but mine is named Zak..he does the back up thing when he wants me to pick him up! Good luck with the wedding plans and yes, hoping for Spring too :D
I love the photos of your little bug.
Yes, thank God for church families.
I know what you mean about this crazy world. I think it is all about greed.
I love the last photo.
Hugs
I've been thinking and talking a lot like you lately. John tells me that it won't be the end of the world, just the end of the age. "Lighten up," says he. Ha! Oh well, when we lay it all at the foot of the cross, we don't have to worry. In fact, we're expressly told not to worry so we'll just lay those burdens down...right? Right? Yes! And that includes fretting about our little loves who are growing older just as we are. One day...it'll happen, but it will only happen once. When we stew, it happens every day or many times a day. Enjoy her right now and don't worry, Vickie, my dear friend.
By the way, everyone who comes into my home has something wonderful to say about your painting. We just love it. John told me the other day that he could swear that he's really been there before he's looked at it so often. :D
I'd be lost without my dear church family!!!
Your little Bug is just too darn sweet!!!
Girl that all your pictures are great but baby that last shot has me absolutely awed!!! WoW!
God bless ya and have a fantastic day sweetie!!!
I do hope you find just the right person to give you a hand at work. Being overwhelmed and tired at this busy time of your life will never do. Weddings, house selling, gardens to care for...nope! You just don't have the time for working yourself into the ground.
As to your little Bug....I so relate. Having one chihuahua that runs our house. That would be Chloe. She is much like your little guy! Bandit is just a goofball and at this point is another one of the kids. Always in trouble here or there.
Chloe, is at this very moment, snuggled up tightly to me. She barks to get put up on Chelsea's bed. Too funny. But, I do seriously hope that Bug's hip troubles get to feeling better.
It is good to "hear" from you here.
hugs,
Becky K.
Hi Vickie!
I just love your blog, it's like sitting across the table from you with a cold drink and just having a good ol' heart-to-heart!
So sorry that you can't find someone to work for you, wish I was there, I'd fill in! Good luck, I know it's hard to find "dependable" help.
It's hard to sell a house, especially one that you have loved and raised your kids in. But, the move to the farm will be wonderful!
Troubles in the world! Like you, I just wish that the Lord would come and settle all of it. I don't know that I am completely ready . . . getting there...working on it... :0)
Thank you for the link - I will check it out! I am a big food storage girl - I always have at least a years supply in my basement.
In the last 2 years, I have had to put 2 of the sweetest dogs to sleep, it's so hard to see them get old. Your little Bug is adorable, give her some lovin' from me, a good scratch behind those cute little ears! And, give yourself a big hug, sounds like you could use one.
The pictures of the farm and sunset are so beautiful. You are truly blessed sweet friend!
Hugs,
Barb
Great post. I've been a bad blogger, too..... And all the world news is wearing on me. Yes, come quickly, Lord Jesus!
we havnt heard anything about protests in the USA its all been about the trouble in cairo and the earthquake in NZ. I will have to research and find out whats going on in your neck of the woods.
Yes the world is crazy, but here in my own little bit of heaven we are all ok. Thank God.
Hi Vickie...I'm Shug and I'm coming to you from Barb's Blog..
I am almost certain that we are almost neighbors! The only Sand Flat in Texas that I know of is just a short distance from my sweet town of Chandler, Texas.
I enjoyed your post and I am certainly glad that I ran across your blog!
Many Blessings
shug
Hi Vickie, thanks for stopping by my blog. I have always enjoyed reading here and love your photos. Your photo above the awesome sunset kind of reminds me of my late brother's little place where he and his family lived in Texas.
I've been thinking about stocking up and that is one reason for the fruit trees and growing more of our own food. The news of what is happening around the world is very troubling and you are right. We don't hear the Real news from the liberal media. With all that's going on in the Middle East and the threats coming from the Iranian nutjob and his ilk, I wonder if the End Times are near. I agree...Lord, come quickly!
Have fun at the bridal shower! And I hope you find some help soon at work. Maybe the 70 year old would be helpful. I've seen some pretty tough older ladies...just sayin'. Take care, Cheryl
Whew! I'm exhausted from reading your post! - you are one busy lady!
I'm sure the right person will come along for you to hire for work.
I know what you mean about the end of times - I heard about the unrest in Greece last night and was like "uh-oh, here we go, Lord!"
Your Bug is just so cute! It sounds like she loves you just as much as you adore her......
Be Blessed!!
I feel your pain of having too much on your plate, Vickie! But, I am so glad you had time to post and I am TAKING time this morning to catch up on my blog folks! Hope things level out for you soon and you find a good helper. I'll be trying to keep my dress down in the meantime!! ;)
Vickie, I am at a loss for words.... seems like you have enpugh for 3 people to deal with. I liked Dee's comment to you. You are, and will be in my prayers, dear girl!
Love your sky pictures! Beautiful!
It's hard finding any news anymore, with the US media obsessed with pointless "news" like what Lindsey Lohan is wearing to her latest court appearance.
I read headlines on the Google News page, NPR, VOA (voice of America), and the BBC, but even so I know it's all slanted this-way and that. I take it with a grain of "yep, things aren't all that smooth these days" and focus on my own little life. Otherwise I'd just get stressed out about things I can't do anything about anyway.
Sorry about your little Bug. Animals in our lives bring such joy and it's difficult to watch them age and all that comes with that.
Hope your warm Spring comes soon! Up here in Montana we're getting buried under yet more snow. I'm about to sit down with my seeds and plan out my garden for this year.
Oh, poor, poor you having to deal with all your stuff. I pray that I never have to move us from here. Lord Jesus come quickly indeed!
Awww,,Bug, we're so sorry to hear about her hip thingy. Our Scrappy does the same thing as far as sitting with us and snuggling in bed, so I hate to think of when she wouldn't be able to jump.
We are looking forward to spring too!
well for being super busy and in a funk, you
covered as much news as fox! i got a kick
out of you considering a 98 pounds 70 year
old to replace you for a bit. i think it would
take a MUCH stronger person!
so sorry about your little chihuahua, poor
thing. our westie is getting a little bit
crippled, too. they become so dear and
just part of the family!
Hey, Miss Vickie~ I know what you mean... things seem so crazy and out of hand, but I'm so thankful God is still in control. However, I do think everyone needs to know how to grow their own food~ I'm afraid of what is going to happen to our food sources in the not-so-distant future.
Poor little Bug is so sweet- I hope the meds start working soon.
Love Love Love those sky pics!
I've been trying soooo hard to keep my dress down, but... with all this wind, it's all but impossible. Actually.... truthfully.... I can't remember the last time I wore a dress or skirt.... but, I do wear a night gown..... (smile)
Goodness.. the sky pictures are soooo beautiful!! God sure makes good stuff!
Your sweet puppy (old dog) is so sweet. Our Casey is only 3 1/2 yrs old, but she's gotten too fat to jump on our bed. She barks, and I pick her up and place her on the bed. I Need and will start walking her more..... it will help both of us.
I betcha the bridal shower on Sunday will be fun... fun. Just can't imagine a life without our church friends.
Hugs,
D
Hi There, Vickie!
I am glad you did some blog-hopping a few days ago. It reminded me that I miss my blog friends!
I, too, have been in a much too busy funk.
Congratulations to your son and his bride!
Love your Bug. Dogs are like kids, babies that we love dearly.
Keep remembering those dreams of a warm summer! I am right with you on that one. :0
Sweetie - we use a food supplement called Missing Link Plus - has that glucosamine in it and flax meal - really helps our aging dogs to have a little more zip. You are busier than a long tailed cat in a room full of rocking chairs - I've not been in a blogging mood lately - first one thing then another - but always happy to see your view of our beautiful state! BTW - even if it isn't the end times - sure is giving a good imitation!
The cloud picture is stunning! I think you have posted it before? but it is worthy of being posted frequently.
Wedding joys combined with work woes,but I think you'll have it all figured out soon.I hope by the time you're ready for another post it is .
As usual, I read your posts with a Texas twang . Your description of your Bug on the sofa is priceless.
We have caught nary a mole this year, but they are leaving evidence aplenty around here. Moles digging a muck would be an apt description...I think you're a sure bet for winning this year's competition at this rate !
I have friends and family members on the picket lines in Madison, WI and I am not hearing ANY good news. They did take a vote today and I expect what we hear next will be even worse. Because our tv news is glutted with our own troubles I don't know what is happening in Indiana but have heard they are experiencing similar woes.
A lot of good people will be out of jobs and replacing them (with fewer) can never replace the experience and talent.
I was happy to hear you were considering a person over the age of 40 for your job opening. For now anyone over 40 seems to be too "seasoned" for opportunities that pay enough to support a family. We've been struggling so I admit I am slightly bitter.
I usually don't try to make negative comments but the state of the world (and winter blues) is bringing me down.
Loving the bug AND those gorgeous photos.
That's bunch of palaverin, girlfriend! :) Love the pictures, and certainly know about chihuahuas! Our little Bella might as well be a little girl -- has Rick talking baby talk to her all the time. Our girls are entertaining and funny.
How's your garden coming? And sorry you can't find a good replacement at work, and sorry I don't live closer or I'd come work with ya! Talk to ya later! XO
This is the other Debbie. Let me just say that I can't get over that dead gopher right under God's word in your left margin. :D
I know there's a hubub goin on in Wisconsin, but it hasn't got to Illinois yet. Oh, it will if anyone tries to upset the union gravy trains. I was shocked to find out public employees could unionize! That's stupid!
And the little dog; so sweet! It's so sad when they start aging and I've parted with so many that I dread the thought of going through that with Beau. He's like a kid around here!
Have I covered it all? Oh yes! The wedding! Slip them some money and encourage them to elope!
You had better not still be sick... Busy. That I can handle. Sick. Not so much. Hugs...
Post a Comment