Monday, September 26, 2011

If I Die Young...

You have to listen to this --- it was played at Kayla's funeral - the 17 yr old daughter of my friend, Helen. There's a female artist that sings this, too, but I SO love this version...

11 comments:

Deb said...

Beautiful! Thanks for posting:)

Shug said...

Oh Vickie...

I have chill bumps. I have heard this song many times, but have never taken the time to really listen to the words.. It is Beautiful and these guys are great!!

Thanks for sharing with us this morning..
Hugs,
Shug

Sharon said...

I have heard this song also but I have never really listened to the words. It is beautiful.
Thanks for sharing
HUgs

Lana said...

My youngest daughter always sings along to this song (by the woman) on the radio and it strikes the depth of my soul. But, this version was incredible. The guys at the piano had my heart floating along with the chords. This was sung by both young men with such beauty and meaning. Thank you for sharing.

Lana
www.FarmLifeLessons.blogspot.com

Vee said...

What a profoundly sad song and it must've been very difficult to deal with the emotions that it would raise at such an occasion. My heart goes out to Helen and the family and I hope that they are doing as well as they can under the circumstances. Perhaps one day they'll see that rainbow.

Ladybug said...

Beautiful post...Think of Helen
and the family often may the Lord
continue to comfort their hearts..
Thanks for sharing
Warm Blessings
Ladybug

Michelle said...

Thank you for sharing this version. Really a beautiful song. My heart goes out to the family suffering with the loss of their daughter.

Dolores said...

Vickie, thank you so much for posting this...... the lyrics, voices.... music..... so beautiful!!!

I'm going to buy this..... I love it!!!

My thoughts and prayers are with Helen and her family!

Julie Harward said...

Hi there...I have been wondering about you! Thanks for sharing this, a sad occasion but a beautiful rendition of this song. :D

Eggs In My Pocket said...

Vickie, this was so beautiful and sad.........made me teary eyed. Hope your friend Helen is doing well. blessings,Kathleen

LindaSue said...

Beautiful - just perfect - all life is short but young people don't realize it yet!