Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Our Christmases 2011

I hope you all enjoyed your Christmas as much as we did!  Are your decorations and tree put away for another year?  Mine are still up, but they're driving me crazy!  Unfortunately, it'll be a few more days before I can get 'round to cleaning up all the Christmas stuff.  There's something about a bare tree, no presents, wrapping paper, bits and pieces of tape , gift bags and tissue paper that just screams at me to CLEAN IT UP! Plus, with having 4-5 people staying here in our little farmhouse, nerves were beginning to fray... I heard my 30 year old son and 23 year old daughter fussing over what to watch on TV.  Haven't heard THAT in quite awhile! haha! 

A few shots of Christmas at my Mom & Dad's house on Friday....  I won't make them big so they won't take too long to upload...
Hayley and my niece, Erin...

Half of us... Mom took the other half, I don't have that shot yet...

My other nieces, Jaci and Taylor...
Daddy
I've been wantin' one of these stick blenders for a while now!
Mom and her leopard houseshoes! She was tickled speckled!
Adam's new guitar - Gibson - VERY nice...

Here's the other half...

We sure missed our son Josh and his wife, Lindsey, but I know they are happy and safe in Wellington, New Zealand, and the Lord is surely providing a family for them there.  Think I told you that they were spending Christmas with two different families there from the church.  The folks there have really taken them in and treated them like family!  I can't wait to meet these sweet families when/if we go over next spring sometime!

Here's a few pics from us 4 on Christmas day afternoon.  We had a small little quiet day after morning worship services, went to see Tony's mom at the nursing home, and later that evening, went to see "War Horse".  We had a fun day!


Working on lunch...

Hayley is hungry!

our little farmhouse Christmas table.

Hayley and her pooch, Remi...

Adam, Hayley, Bug and Remi



                                                      Tony's new vest - looking good!

Hayley got the guys a bucket tool carrier - they all loved it!

The rest of us. 

Well, that's all for today. We had a very nice Christmas, made lotsa new memories - kept it kinda low-key this year.  I hope Josh and Lindsey are with us next year.  I sure missed them.  First time in all these years that all my kids have not been here for the holidays.  First time I've had a married kid, too.  But you'd expect one to be gone to the in-laws - NOT ALL THE WAY AROUND THE WORLD!

Take care - keep your dress down! Be back soon!


20 comments:

Becky K. said...

I wondered how it went without Josh and Lindsey with you. I'm glad you had a nice Christmas anyway and that you know they are being well accepted in their new home. It will be so wonderful when you get to go and visit.
Loved your pictures.

Hugs.
Becky

♥ my diary♥ said...

Nice post thanks for sharing..blessings from our home to yours...soraya

Anonymous said...

I put what I had away today..I am dieing to see "War Horse" I hope it is as good as it looks! It looks like you had a great Christmas! ;D

Tanna said...

Vickie, I know those Christmases without all your chicks in the nest are tough. Looks like you mangaged to have a wonderful Christmas even with missing them. I'm lovin' that farmhouse table!! blessings ~ Tanna

Debbie said...

What a nice Christmas! You're so fortunate to have both your parents. I know you missed your kids, so did I. But isn't it great to see them doing so well? On my way to see Angela and Jeff today!
Later friend,
Debbie

Vee said...

So glad that you made it through happily and well. So many moms whimper a bit when separated from the adult children. (I think I might be tempted to do the same.)

Loved seeing your extended family. Loved seeing your daddy sitting there at the ready with his package sliced open and his jackknife in hand. It was a sweet reminder of my grandfather all those Christmases ago. Your mother's slippers are darling. She's going to be so cute wearing them.

No, of course my decorations are still up and firing on all cylinders. We celebrate all 12 Days of Christmas and we're only on Day 4. Phew! I've never been a "get- back-to-normal" kind of gal, though I try not to be too hard on those who are. I must really resist the urge, however, to judge those who strip Christmas down on Christmas afternoon, and I know a few of them.

Merry On no matter what you do. ♥

Sharon said...

Looks like a wonderful Christmas for you and yours.
Prayers for your son and dil in NZ.
I have put away my Christmas decorations also on Monday. I don't like the looks of a bare tree either.
Have a Blessed New Year,
Hugs

Auntie sezzzzzz... said...

Lovely all!!!

I haven't gotten the get-rid-of-decorations feeling yet. But can understand that it could come on you quicker, in your precious new close quarters. We do it, when we ourselves need to.... Put decorations away, I mean.

Oh and "Uncle A." (the resident chef) loves his stick blender!!!!!!!!!

Are all your blogging issues cleared up, as far as you are concerned? It's fine here, for me, a Reader. But are you happy????? Cause if Mama-isn't-happy, then don't anyone call stuff HAPPY!!!! -grin-

"Each age has deemed the new-born year
the fittest time for festal cheer."

- Walter Scott

Anonymous said...

Vickie, I got an immersion blender, too! First thing I did was make a chocolate shake and it was yummy! Second thing I did was make another chocolate shake. I see a problem here. :) :) Glad ya'll had a Merry Christmas. I was minus one child also because they were with the in-laws in Chicago where they all live. So good to see pics of all the family & your sweet farmhouse. Love it!! Love you too, Lynne

Mrs. JP said...

We kept it low key as well. You will love that blender, I use mine when I'm working tomatoes to make marinara or salsa.
I've been following you sweeties across the big pond. She is such a good writer. I know you miss them.
Blessed New Year to you and yours.

Lana said...

Oh Vickie!! I LOVED all the beautiful family photos. And you sure do have beautiful table settings!!! I wish that I had such a knack for doing things like that! We do pull out the lace tablecloths or old lace curtains for the long tables joined together for our gatherings at our house!! Anyway, your kids are precious and I know it is hard to have part of them around the world...I did that to my own parents after we got married, I don't know how my mom got through it. Your strength as a mom is amazing and your loving support is so beautiful.

Lana

Michelle said...

Looks like your family had a wonderful Christmas. Your mom and her slippers are just too cute.

TinaTx said...

Looks like you had a nice Christmas. We were minus baby boy and his bride again this year - it never really gets easier. We did get to have a 3 hour video chat with them so that was nice. (can't imagine how hard it must have been when children moved away before the age of tech we have now)
I still have one of the boys here for another day or two so I won't be back posting until he leaves but I am trying to check in here and there.
Wishing you a wonderful new year!

LindaSue said...

So good to see a real family Christmas - thanks for sharing and our decorations are down (well not the two poinsettias but I'm letting them die off naturally - then out on they go!). Happy New Year!

Shug said...

You have a beautiful family...sure looks like you all enjoyed a wonderful Christmas season..Thanks for sharing...
shug

Dog Trot Farm said...

What a wonderful family you have, that is a blessing in itself. We are still enjoying our Christmas tree, it seems like we just put it up, the santa related items are packed away for another year, but snowmen are just making their appearance. Santa brought hubby a blender stick too, love your mom's very hip slippers! Time to begin the healthy eating and excercise program. Happy New Year to you, Julie.

Betsy@My Salvaged Treasures said...

Thank you for sharing all your fun Christmas pictures. It sure looks like a great time. Blessings to you and your family in the new year.

Nezzy (Cow Patty Surprise) said...

Oh sweetie, it looks like the perfect Christmas. You have a beautiful family there girl!

Thanks for sharin' your wonderful pictures.

God bless ya and have a fantastic New Year!!! :o)

Humble wife said...

How wonderful that you had this time, even though some were not there. Love the stick blender too and I am sure you will enjoy it. The farm table is adorable, but I love the kitchen counters and sink area too.

I am so happy to see that you and yours had a wonderful holiday.

Jennifer

Auntie sezzzzzz... said...

Dec. 30th

Oh wow! -giggles- Wouldn't ya' know! YOU are the only one, of my Dear Readers, who is actually GOING out on New Year's Eve! And to a COSTUME party too!!!!!!! ,-)

Hooray! If not for you, 'My Little Posse" of Readers would all be catagorized WITH me, as "Ol' Farts"!!! -chuckle- The Stay-home-in-jammies-and-eat-some-goodies-drink-some-wine-watch-some-tv kinda' gals. :-) And of course, that's fine too.

But face it, you are still among the "cute and sassy youngin's". You should be dressin' up and goin' out.

But remember! You MUST TAKE PICTURES!!! If the other guests complain, tell 'em you'll be *drummed out* of Pretty Blog Land, if you don't show pics to "we-stay-at-homes"!!!!!! Anyway, they can keep their masks on! They won't be KNOWN. :-)

Have fun Honey-Bun!!!

Gentle New Year's hugs.......